This blog is intended for UWM students enrolled in Assistant Professor Frankie Flood Advanced Jewelry & Metalsmithing courses in the Jewelry & Metalsmithing area. In this course students will investigate the role of the one of kind object in a society dominated by mass produced objects and the significance of being a maker in contemporary society who works within the craft medium of metal.

Friday, September 4, 2009

first week


Thank you for your attention during our first class on Wednesday night. I'm really looking forward to this semester and looking forward to seeing what you choose to make. Please spend some time thinking about your Bespoke Object as we will be discussing your research and drawings soon. I have already heard from some of you about your plans and I'm excited to hear and see more on this.

Please make sure to set up your Blog before next class. I will be around early before class in case anyone needs help. We can go in the office or the 3rd floor computer lab to review how to set things up if need be. Once you have your blog setup, please email the web address to me and I will compose a master sheet so we can all become "followers" of each other.

Also, here is the link to my UWM Metals site that I have linked from my website:

I have created a drop box if you would like to place images in it for consideration for the website. The instructions are located in the Dropbox on D2L.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions about anything pertaining to the course.

I will be covering Anodizing Aluminum and dying along with introducing the large manual lathe next. I look forward to seeing you all.

Best,
Frankie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers